Get Your Free eCourse: Vegetarian Essentials

Name
Email
Country

Monday, August 3, 2009

Bikini Bootcamp: My new workout adventure

I've been stuck in a rut with my workout for a very long time now, well over 9 months. Finally yesterday I was inspired to try something different! I came across Jennifer Nicole Lee's Fitness Model Program. It caught my attention because, unlike the other programs I had done in the past, this one was written by a woman! I'm pretty strong and fit, so no problems doing a guy's workout, but it's so nice to hear things from a woman's perspective.

I've not finished reading all the material, but I'm starting the workouts today regardless. I've made up my own little version of JNL's Binini BootCamp Workout. It will go a little something like this....
* 10 body parts
* 1 excercise per body part
* 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps per excercise (that's 30 sets all up for those playing at home)
* 45 to 60 seconds of jumping rope in between sets

And that's it.

JNL recommends a speed skipping rope, which is a very light weight rope that allows you to skip at a very fast rate. I have a slight difficulty with this... in the name of a low-hanging ceiling fan right in the middle of my workout room. It could end badly!!

So, instead, I have my trusty "Jump Snap" - a ropeless jump rope. I find it's the perfect soution to excercising in small spaces. It's been a really useful investment.

Ok, so enough talking, time to start doing. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

Good luck!

SarahC said...

Thanks Craig!
I've done three weeks of it now. What I can notice is that my biceps are starting to harden up again. They were starting to get a bit soft and squishy from months of neglect!
Sarah